A day to generate new writing
Led by Nina Robertson
10.00 for 10.30 start until 4.30
Writing Sanctuary workshops are small, friendly, creative writing groups. They are great for beginner and experienced writers of whatever genre, for those who want something to get them started and for those who have a work in progress and just want to get their creative juices flowing. Based on the Amherst Writers and Artists (AWA) method, Writing Sanctuary provides a supportive space where writers can experiment and take risks with their work. Writing Sanctuary recognises that different feedback is appropriate at different stages of the creative process. First draft work that has not been developed and polished benefits most by feedback that helps the writer identify what is already strong and interesting in the piece. In recognition of the above, we use the following guidelines:
* Writing prompts are offered but we are free to ignore them and write what we want.
* We will have the opportunity to read and receive feedback about what is already strong and memorable in our writing (but there is no pressure to do so).
When offering feedback
* We treat everything as fiction.
* We refer to the narrator/speaker, not to the author, as the voice of the piece.
* We are invited to respond only with what we like, what stays with us, what moves us—not at the first draft stage with how to make it stronger.
Bishops Stortford 29th November